Our Horses & Required Riding Ability
Our horses are a mix of English thoroughbreds, Ethiopian ponies and other mix breeds, which are ridden using English saddles.
Guests can join our guides on morning and evening rides in groups of as many as six riders, which last between one and three hours.
Occasionally, we may be unable to offer you a ride due to availability of horses, bad weather conditions or other factors beyond our control.
We have a stable of over 20 horses, and can accommodate a range of abilities. You will be asked to fill in a questionnaire to assist us in choosing the right horse for you.
- The length and type of ride is dictated by the least able rider in the group.
- Weight Restriction: 90 kgs / 198 lbs / 14 stone
What to bring & what we have here for your use:
WHAT WE CAN PROVIDE:
- Riding hats, including some adjustable hats to fit most sizes including children.
- Back protectors for children (two for children, and one small adult)
- Leather and canvas half chaps to protect calves
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING / WEAR:
- Long comfortable trousers
- Closed rubber soled shoes - trainers, walking boots, or riding boots. No sandals please!
- Sun protection - long sleeved shirt with collar or neck scarf, sunscreen (gloves are also useful)