Applications are now being accepted for the following vacancy at Elewana Collection:
Position title: Revenue Assurance Officer (RAO)
Reporting to: Head of Revenue Assurance
Duty station: Nairobi Head Office &/or Arusha Head Office
As part of the Revenue Assurance team, the revenue assurance officer will be responsible for ensuring that revenue risks & any potential revenue leakage is timely identified and addressed, implementing established processes to audit internal controls across the entire revenue cycle.
This is a broad-based substantive analysis & audit role required to provide comprehensive assurance services across the entire spectrum of the hospitality revenue cycle, with a view to ensure sufficient coverage of scope over all revenue transaction types.
The revenue assurance officer will be instrumental in the identification and mitigation of gaps across revenue processes, with an objective to effectively manage inherent revenue related risk to an acceptable level and provide assurance of minimal (opportunity of) revenue leakage.
This person is required to deliver comprehensive monitoring assurance services by leveraging data analytics in analyzing voluminous streams of varied data types efficiently, to enable timely identification & mitigation of endemic and potential revenue leakage.
This position entails analysis, verification & validation of end-to-end revenue (transaction) cycle completeness, accuracy, system integrity and reporting, as initiated from sales activity, through to accounts receivable.
This person will be required to interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques to optimize efficiency and quality of revenue information reported, (& by extension) be instrumental towards turning up revenue assurance operational efficiencies.
The revenue assurance officer will be required to facilitate positive change to revenue control systems, processes and revenue management by consistently addressing revenue cycle process deficiencies (from sales, contract management, rate management, billing to accounts receivable, including confirmation of general ledger integrity).
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Key Results Areas (KRAs)|
| || |
- Knowledge of revenue related risks & internal controls, accounting principles and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Highly analytical with the ability to swiftly organize, audit & interpret large data volumes
- Possess enthusiasm, initiative & a positive ‘can do’ attitude in exceeding expectations
- Be professional, confidential, impartial & trustworthy; with a highly ethical demeanor
- Proactive critical thinker with effective planning, scheduling and time management skills
- Highly disciplined, mature and well organized, with a systematic, structured work approach
- Highly effective interpersonal, problem solving & coordination skills
- Highly effective written & verbal reporting (communication) skills
- CPA or part qualified accountant
- Data analyst, or,
- Holder of an equivalent bachelor's degree in a finance related discipline, economics and/or any other business related field
- Minimum 2 years work experience in either accounting, audit or data analysis
- Prior experience in the Hospitality Industry (Reservations, Revenue Management and Assurance) will be preferred
- Experience in Resrequest (Hospitality front office software) will be an added advantage
- Experience in Netsuite (back office accounting software) will be an added advantage
We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.
Confidentiality assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.