Job Description: Head Mechanic
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi Head Office
Land and Life is seeking a Project Manager to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. The individual needs to be an organized leader with planning, project management and program startup experience. A detailed oriented leader who is inspired by the challenge of changing the lives of marginalized communities in the geographies we operate. The successful candidate will possess the skills to problem-solve and collaborate with staff across the portfolio of companies.
- Effective and efficient running of Workshop
- Ensure parts ordered are genuinely required and raise order requisitions to central stores (provide correct part numbers where necessary)
- Control and supervision of workshop personnel
- Custody and maintenance of Workshop tools and any equipment and staff PPE and gear;
- Ensure adequate security at Workshop and surrounding area to prevent theft and pilferage of parts, tools, equipment and materials;
- Ensure correct and accurate defect diagnosis and work execution to reduce downtime and quick turn around:Conduct on the job training and impart knowledge and good works shop practices to junior staff at all time
- Arrange regular disposal of garbage & used discarded parts and general cleanliness of Workshop and environs and in accordance with NEMA regulations;
- Maintain Job Cards for individual vehicles and their history files
- Liaise closely with individual property managers and mechanics to ensure all vehicles are in good working order and condition at all times.
- Provide support to and visit properties to inspect their Workshops and ensure strict adherence to SOP, tools and equipment and quick-moving parts inventory on a regular basis and also arrange for training camp mechanics;
- Liaise closely with part suppliers, sub-contractors et al to ensure smooth and efficient receipt of genuine parts and services;
- Any other Workshop related issues that may be assigned to you.
Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Ensure that work practices are efficient, clean and hygienic.
- Ensure that all items of equipment are correctly cleaned and stored.
- Report any defects on appliances and equipment to your Supervisor / Head of Department / Management.
- Have a good understanding of how to make use of all cleaning chemicals used in the area of work, and how to safely and effectively apply this knowledge to be most productive.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and financial procedures.
- To produce a consistent, high-quality product, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the hotel’s policies & procedures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- To have full working knowledge and capability to perform all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work to the standard of performance set. Note that standards are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting changes in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- Perform other tasks and assist in other departments whenever reasonable and deemed necessary by Management.
- To demonstrate flexibility and adaptability towards changing working hours and shifts according to the requirements of a 24-hour operation.
- To respond to changes in your job function as dictated by the industry, company or the hotel.
- To maintain good working relationships with his/her own colleagues and all other departments.
- Must work accurately under pressure. .
- Degree in relevant field / Diploma
- Good communication skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent hygiene principles.
- Team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Good time management, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
Our offer: We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.
Confidentiality assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.