The 28 square km Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Park is reputed to be the most beautiful marine park after the Great Barrier Reef of Australia and is the best in Kenya in terms of species diversity, coral quality and reef build-up. The warm, pristine waters are host to dramatic coral formations, dolphins, turtles, sting rays, moray eels and a bewildering variety of sea life that comprise a unique eco-system that could be referred to as a garden under the sea. Run by Selina and Harm who are Marine Biologist and PADI Diving Instructors, who take limited numbers to offer you a more personal service.
The full day tour includes as follows:
- Pick up from AfroChic at approx. 7.30hrs and drive to Shimoni to arrive at about 8.30hrs
- On arrival, board our Arabian Style dhow with comfortable seating. Welcome on board by a cheery crew who will serve you with Kenya coffee or tea with biscuits
- Full briefing of all facilities and program on boarding
- Motor or sail as you look for Dolphins past on your way to Kisite National Marine Park
- Guided snorkeling in the protected waters while guides safely showing the many varied fish and coral
- Assistance given with additional use of life rings and buoyancy jackets if required
- Two snorkeling sites visited or extended snorkeling time – depending on the weather
- Return to a private residence on Wasini Island, a Robinson Crusoe hideaway, for a delicious Seafood Banquet; lunch is served in a private garden by smiling Swahili Ladies and includes beer, wine and sodas; try some of the Citronella Tea made from fresh lemon grass grown on the island; look through a Marine Literature and identify the creatures that you have seen in the Indian Ocean
- Tired after the eventful day, sail (weather permitting) across the Wasini Channel back to Shimoni
- Visit Shimoni Slave Caves Community project (optional at an extra fee of KSH 200,00) on your way back to AfroChic
All equipment provided including prescription masks, snorkels, fins and diving equipment. Soft drinks (sodas), mineral water and fruits served on the dhow. To make the day comfortable, you need to carry own towels, sun lotion, water friendly shoes, sun glasses, hats and swimming costume. The photo opportunities can be outstanding so carry a camera too.